This Lent we will quiet things down and heighten our attention to the “still, small voice” of God and our own True Self. Listening through prayer as well as meditation on holy texts is an ancient Lenten practice. Come and rest, come and listen.
This Sunday, the fifth Sunday of Lent, Pastor Steve Vineyard continues his sermon series titled “Listen, Hearing that Still Small Voice and Finding Your Own.”
- SUMC’s Easter Carnival will take place Saturday, March 24 from 2 PM to 4 PM and will be fun for the entire family.
- Sunday, March 25 is Palm Sunday, and this year we will celebrate the day with music by presenting the cantata, “Behold the Lamb! Remembering the Sacrificial and Resurrected Lamb of God.” Service times will be 9 AM and 11 AM.
- Maundy Thursday, remembering the last supper with communion at 7 PM.
- Friday, March 30 we will have our Good Friday service at 7 PM.
Easter Sunday services and activities will include:
- Sunrise Service outside by the fire pit (weather permitting) at 6:30 AM.
- Our United Methodist Men’s Easter breakfast will be served following the Sunrise Service up until about 10 AM.
- 9 AM Resurrection celebration service in the Sanctuary.
- 10 AM Amigos Servicio en Español.
- 11 AM Resurrection celebration service in the Sanctuary.
In addition, photographer Abby Hernley will be available for family and individual photos to capture your Easter memories.
So please come and worship with us, enjoy some breakfast, and save the memory in a nice family or individual photo!
Sterling UMC is a community church and all are welcome to be our guest, attend our services and support our mission efforts.