All children must be fully toilet trained.
FOR 2013/2014 SCHOOL YEAR:
2 1/2 Year Old Classes (child must be 2 1/2 by 9/30/13)
3 Year Old Classes (child must be 3 by 9/30/13)
- 2 day, T/TH
- 3 day, M/W/F
- 3 day, T/TH/F
4 Year Old Classes (child must be 4 by 9/30/13)
- 3 day, M/W/F
- 4 day, M/T/W/TH
Pre-K Classes (child must turn 5 by 2/28/14)
We are open 9:00 am - 12:00 noon. We offer lunch bunch from 12:00-1:00pm for an additional $5 on Wednesday for MWF classes and Thursday for TTh classes or both days for 4 and 5 day classes.
All classes have a lead teacher and an assistant. The 2 1/2 and 3 year old classes have 8 or 10 students per class. The 4 year old classes have 10 - 16 students per class. The 5 day class has a maximum of 18 students.
- Morning and closing circle times - calendar, weather, rhymes and singing, reading, academic/concept presentation, sharing, Pledge of Allegiance
- Outdoor or indoor active play on the playground or in the "rainy day" room
- Snack - blessing, practicing manners, taking turns
- Teacher led activities - art, concept development, cutting, gluing, fine/gross motor development
- Free choice activities - center play, blocks, manipulatives, puzzles, housekeeping, books
- Monthly science and cooking lessons
- Bible stories and songs
- Family programs
- Bi-monthly "kids worship" with SUMC minister
- Special school programs - plays, puppet shows, petting farm, etc.
- Weekly special music and movement sessions with assistant director