WoRM Sunday School
WoRM Sunday School at Sterling United Methodist Church
What you need to know about the Workshop Rotation Model (WoRM):
- The (WoRM) Sunday School program is being used for grades 1-5 at SUMC
- Classes will learn through a series of 3-5 week rotations on a particular topic such as "Moses," "The Lord's Prayer," or "The Easter Story."
- Each week of a rotation, the classes will participate in different workshops including drama, crafts, games, music, history, multimedia presentations, puppets, cooking and science.
- The lessons are taught in our new kid-friendly classroom spaces by teachers who specialize in particular fields such as drama, crafts, or music.
- Each class will have a shepherd teacher who will be with the class each week of the year.
- We will cover 8 to 9 rotations (topics) each year, and over 50 rotations over the 5 years of elementary school
How the WoRM works:
- Each Sunday our children (grade 1 and up) will start the 9:30 AM worship service in the sanctuary with their families.
- After a brief children's message, the children will be dismissed to their teachers, who will take them to their classrooms. All WoRM rooms are on the classroom hallway of the main floor of the building (rooms 102-106).
- The children will be in a different workshop each week. The schedule will be posted in the newsletter, the bulletin, and in the hallways.
- Sunday school will end at 10:45 AM. Parents of the younger children should pick up their children in their classrooms.