Job Openings Currently Available at Sterling United Methodist Church
Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries (Posted 10/23/2017)
The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries is responsible for planning, coordinating, and leading all aspects of the youth ministry program for those in 6th through 12th grade and connecting with post high school and 20 plus young adults. The principle function is to help make, grow and nurture young Disciples of Christ by a comprehensive approach to discipleship, mission, relationship building, and outreach while serving as a spiritual leader, mentor, and role model. The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries encourages young persons in developing their relationship with Christ, provides them with opportunities for spiritual nurture and growth, and challenges them to respond to God’s call to serve in their church, community, and the world.
Hours/week: Part time -25 hours/week
Work hours: Sunday and during other youth and young adult ministries activities
Other hours commensurate with fulfilling duties and needs of the church
For a complete version of the job description please see Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries.
To apply for this position send resume’ and cover letter to
Director of Connections (Posted 1/26/2018)
The Director of Connections oversees and coordinates people’s introduction and integration into the community of faith to grow discipleship in line with Sterling UMC ‘s strategic vision of transforming lives through Jesus Christ.
Hours/week: Part-time – 20 hours/week
Work hours: Sunday mornings, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, special events, evening meetings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and implement connection strategies, to include identifying current trends in assimilation ministries and promote new ideas to expand the scope and capabilities of ministry opportunities.
- Develop means of connecting people with existing opportunities, giving special attention to helping people serve in their areas of giftedness.
- Provide experiences and environments for learning about spiritual gifts.
- Provide experiences and environments for people interested in membership to learn about membership and join the church.
- Develop invitation opportunities (events/tools), experiences and environments (both internal and external)to engage individuals not currently part of the Sterling
- Staff the First Impressions team, fully, with volunteers and provide the necessary resources to support Sunday worship services.
- Partner with program ministry staff to integrate opportunities for connection in their area.
- Prepare and manage the connections budget.
- Work with the administrative staff to schedule/promote/market “connection” opportunities at Sterling UMC.
- Utilize church management software to support decision making.
For a complete version of the job description please see Director of Connections.
Persons wishing to apply for this position should send their resume with cover letter to
Director of Children’s Ministries (posted 2/1/2018)
The Director of Children’s Ministries oversees all children’s curriculum for Sterling United Methodist Church’s children and youth from age 2 (preschool) through grade five, including the Sunday School, special programs, and Summer Sunday school. The position also directs the Nursery, which is available on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings and during special events. The Director of Children’s Ministries supports, mentors and enlists parents as partners in the spiritual nurture and Christian development of their children, reinforcing the learning that is taking place in church settings. Lastly, the Director of Children’s Ministries ensures the implementation and monitoring of all child protection guidelines in the Children’s Protection Policy.
Hours/week: Part-time – 25 hours/week
Work hours: Sunday mornings until 12:30 PM. Other hours commensurate with the program needs of the church.
Annual leave: Yes
Sick leave: Yes
Health benefits: No
Retirement benefits: Yes
For a complete version of the job description please see Director of Children’s Ministries.
To apply for this position send resume’ and cover letter to .
Please watch this page for other job openings at Sterling United Methodist Church.