Serve the Church
There are many opportunities for all ages to engage in service at Sterling United Methodist Church whether you are an expert at something or just have a willing heart to help. Serving others is one way to respond to God’s grace in our own lives and put our faith into action. Don’t worry! If your confidence needs boosting, volunteer training of various sorts is available locally and through the United Methodist denomination.
Ways you can serve include:
- assisting in worship (music ministry including audiovisual/sound board, reading scripture in the service, assisting with communion, acolyte duty)
- teaching children, youth, or adults in Sunday school and Bible studies
- mentoring youth, assisting with youth group activities or providing meals
- administrative and ministry leadership positions
- visiting those who are homebound, helping to provide meals to someone recovering from surgery, sending cards, praying or other care ministry activities
- cooking or helping put on weekly or monthly events or seasonal church-wide meals for our congregation and community.
CONNECT with others and become part of something bigger than we could all be individually as you bring your unique gifts and interests to what God is building here at Sterling United Methodist Church.