United Methodist Women Stamps for Mission
The Virginia Conference United Methodist Women collects stamps and sells them to raise money for Missions. We have been doing this for over 32 years. Even common used postage can have value in bulk. The stamps will be sold and 100% of the proceeds donated to UMCOR. Below are some tips if you, your church, or your UMW unit would like to collect stamps for Mission.
1. All stamps from just a few to entire collections, canceled or uncanceled are useful; old ones are extra good.
2. Trim paper around used stamps attached to envelopes leaving a ¼ inch paper border around the stamp OR you can turn in the whole envelope.
3. If you have postcards, turn in the whole card; don’t cut or tear the stamp off the card!!
4. Leave rows of stamps intact.
5. Bring all stamps to the church and leave them in the collection closet. There is a box marked “stamps,” or you can put them in the box marked “UMW Collections.”
Thank you for any help you can give us!
For more information about the Sterling United Methodist Women and the other organizations and efforts they support please click here.